Employment Opportunity: Barn Assistant
Employer: Brendan W. Furlong, M.V.B., Equine Veterinarian, P.A.
Employment start date: Immediate
Employment Status: Full-Time Non-exempt
Who are we?
For over 35 years, B.W. Furlong & Associates has provided world-class equine veterinary services in Oldwick, NJ with additional locations in Ocala/Wellington, FL and Middleburg, VA.
We pride ourselves on being progressive leaders who deliver the ultimate in veterinary care with a team of 17 highly skilled professionals, including specialists in internal medicine, reproduction, sports medicine, and surgery. The backbone of our practice are our veterinary assistants and technicians, who work to ensure that patients receive the highest level of veterinary care.
We invest in our team, fostering growth and skill development in a supportive atmosphere, and can proudly identify a number of technicians who have advanced into new roles throughout their time working in the practice. We encourage strong relationships through advanced training, team building activities, events, and a culture of open communication.
Where are we?
New Jersey is the east coast’s best kept secret, with our headquarters located in the idyllic countryside of Hunterdon County. The area offers easy access to New York City, Philadelphia, and the Jersey Shore along with hundreds of miles of hiking, biking, and riding trails and endless outdoor activities. Our facilities house advanced diagnostic imaging services, rehabilitation center, surgery suites, and a full service hospital.
- Stall Cleaning: mucking out, cleaning and filling feed and water buckets, replacing shavings. Load, drive, and unload a tractor with manure. Stripping and sanitizing stalls for patient turnover.
- Facility Care: keep exterior spaces clean and tidy (sweeping, leaf blowing, basic landscaping), sweeping aisles and cobwebs, wiping down doors and surfaces.
- Animal Care: move patients around as directed via halter and lead rope, hold horses for veterinarians as requested.
- Meticulously track/document completion of tasks
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Background in equine care and barn maintenance
- Comfortable driving a tractor with front end loader
- Ability to work independently
- Good time management
- An outstanding work ethic and self-drive
- Capable of recognizing patient emergency situations
- Capable of heavy lifting up to 100 lbs, including hay bales, feed bags, and muck buckets
- Ability to perform all job duties while standing
The ideal candidate will enjoy working closely with veterinarians, learning something new every day, and will have a passion for providing world class care for our patients and clients. We ask that you are dependable, responsible, and willing to work hard.
Work hours are 7am- 4pm, Monday – Friday. Additional hours may be required periodically based on business need. The position is full time and based in Oldwick, NJ.
Brendan W. Furlong, M.V.B., Equine Veterinarian, P.A., d/b/a B.W. Furlong & Associates, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Kim Reitmeyer, Human Resources & Administrative Manager, at email@example.com.
At B.W. Furlong & Associates, we are progressive leaders delivering the ultimate in veterinary care to our equine patients and clients in both the hospital and ambulatory setting. We have several associated practices offering exemplary care and services in New Jersey, Florida, and Virginia