Equine Rehabilitation Technician
Employment Opportunity: Equine Rehabilitation Technician
Employer: Furlong’s Soundness Center
Employment start date: Immediate
Employment type: Full time, permanent
BW Furlong & Associates is an equine veterinary practice located in Oldwick, NJ. The practice employs 16 veterinarians that practice in the Northeast, as well as 2 that practice in Florida and Virginia. It is an extremely fast-paced and busy practice, serving and caring for some of the most prestigious clientele in the country. The practice consists of an ambulatory practice, full service hospital and internal medicine specialist, standing MRI, lab and imaging. Additional properties include a standing MRI and Furlong’s Soundness Center (FSC), a rehabilitation center. The rehab center consists of 12 stalls and provides therapeutic services including therapeutic laser, water treadmill, dry treadmill, hot walker, vibrating plate, water spa, and individual turnout space. Employees of the company are all expected to demonstrate the core beliefs.
- Assist with rehab services including, but not limited to, laser therapy, FES, therapeutic ultrasound, e-stim and TENS and cryotherapy, hand walking/grazing, and prepare horses for treatments on equipment.
- Track care and treatment in detailed and accurate medical records
- Handling of horses including hand walking, hand grazing and basic restraint. Ensure safe handling of patients in all aspects of care and handling (including administering sedation orally, IM or IV, as necessary)
- Provide general care of horses, including, but not limited to, grooming, feeding, occasional mucking out, turnout and hand grazing.
- Assist in daily barn chores and help maintain orderly and sanitary patient conditions, including disinfecting stalls
- Assist in care and maintenance of rehab facilities including equipment and treatment areas.
- Stock necessary equipment and supplies
- Assist with the care of any horses on property, including, but not limited to, stallions, mares and foals
- Report directly to FSC Team Leader
- Additional responsibilities as needed
- Extensive background in equine care (rehab background is a plus)
- Exceptional horse handling skills
- Capable of handling patient emergency situations
- Exceptional time management and multitasking skills
- Skilled in clear, concise communication
- Technologically proficient
- An outstanding team attitude and work ethic
- Independent, quick-thinker, self-motivated, and a fast learner
- Capable of heavy lifting (50 lbs), including hay bales, feed bags, and muck buckets
- Willing to learn to drive equipment, including, but not limited to tractors and truck with trailer
Hours are Wednesday – Sunday , ~ 8a-5p. Occasional overtime and holiday work required. Inclement weather may require remaining onsite to provide care. Hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits include 401K, profit sharing, health insurance, and discounted equine veterinary services and products.
B.W. Furlong & Associates provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, marital status, military service, unemployed status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Kim Reitmeyer, Human Resources & Administrative Manager, at email@example.com
At B.W. Furlong & Associates, we are progressive leaders delivering the ultimate in veterinary care to our equine patients and clients in both the hospital and ambulatory setting. We have several associated practices offering exemplary care and services in New Jersey, Florida, and Virginia