Employment Opportunity: Maintenance/Groundskeeper
Employer: Brendan W. Furlong, M.V.B., Equine Veterinarian, P.A.
Employment start date: Immediate
Employment Status: Full-Time Non-exempt
B.W. Furlong & Associates is an equine veterinary practice headquartered in Oldwick, NJ. The practice employs 14 veterinarians that practice in the Northeast, as well as 2 that practice in Florida and Virginia under the name Peak Performance Equine Services. It is an extremely fast-paced and busy practice, serving and caring for some of the most prestigious clientele in the country. The main practice consists of a full service ambulatory division, as well as a 4 acre facility that houses a full service 12 stall hospital, isolation barn, lab, and advanced imaging capabilities. It also has separate properties that include a standing MRI and a rehabilitation center.
All employees are expected to embody Our Values:
Compassionate – Showing genuine concern and empathy for all.
Ethical – Doing the right thing for the patient and client.
Progressive – Forward thinking, growing, and encouraging change and innovation.
Professional -Maintaining composure in the chaos of the equine world.
Knowledgeable – Striving to be competent, skillful, and current in all that we do.
Team Mentality – We support, value, and respect one another.
Accountability – Taking responsibility for our actions and duties.
Honesty – Being genuine and open in all interactions.
Passion – Fully committed in heart, mind, and action.
- Maintain grounds of three properties year-round. Duties include (but are not limited to): lawn and field mowing, trimming, weeding (by hand and using a weed whacker); pruning, spraying and watering of plants, beds and trees; Spring/Fall seasonal cleanup of properties; snow removal of driveways, parking areas, and walkways.
- Facilitate repairs to interior and exterior of buildings as required or upon request to include fences, potholes, etc.
- Pick up supplies as necessary for maintenance work to include but not limited to trips to Home Depot, Lowes, fuel stations, repair shops, etc.
- Properly maintain, make minor repairs to and winterize all tools and equipment.
- Safely operate company vehicles and equipment, including but not limited to twin-axle vehicles with or without horse or equipment trailer attached, front-loader, tractor mower, push mower, snow blower, chainsaw, hedge trimmer, generator, power washer, leaf blower, etc.
- Provide support to the Barn Assistant when necessary (cleaning stalls/facility, basic horse handling, etc.)
- Maintain a project list and track completion of tasks.
- Ensure the businesses run effectively and efficiently by timely completion of on-going daily/ weekly/ monthly/ quarterly/ annually required activities.
- Consistent work background
- Experience in a similar position
- Self-motivated and a quick-thinker who takes initiative and pride in their work
- Background/familiarity in working around horses
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- An outstanding team attitude and work ethic
- Ability to troubleshoot and develop solutions
- Proficiency in reading, writing, speaking, texting/email in English
- Comfortable using technology for communication and record keeping
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and insurance on personal vehicle (a company vehicle will usually be available for errands and supply pick-up)
This is a salaried position within an agricultural business. The work week is 5 ½ days, Monday through Saturday. Some flexibility in the weekly work schedule is required. Benefits include competitive pay commensurate with experience. Upon satisfactory completion of the introductory period, health and welfare benefits include medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), qualifying student loan repayment assistance, and discounted veterinary products and services.
Brendan W. Furlong, M.V.B., Equine Veterinarian, P.A., d/b/a B.W. Furlong & Associates, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Kim Reitmeyer, Human Resources & Administrative Manager, at email@example.com
At B.W. Furlong & Associates, we are progressive leaders delivering the ultimate in veterinary care to our equine patients and clients in both the hospital and ambulatory setting. We have several associated practices offering exemplary care and services in New Jersey, Florida, and Virginia